Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Entry Decor Inspiration

I'm back! I recently started a blog with my friend Lauren, www.bmorelovely.com, and it made me realize how much I miss sharing my thoughts and loves with all of you. So here I am, I hope you'll continue to follow along :)

It's officially fall - which means it is completely acceptable to break out the pumpkins and fall decor (even though we have been burning pumpkin pie candles all month)! Walking past Trader Joe's at work today I couldn't help but grab a few pumpkins - they had mini pumpkins for about 70 cents each, these adorable striped larger mini pumpkins for a dollar and regular pumpkins for only 3.99 - I couldn't resist.

I've been pinning ideas for my pumpkins and entry way lately. Here's what I have been loving...





I love the idea of turning pumpkins into flower pots for mums or pansies! I learned a trick - spray bleach after carving out the inside of the pumpkin and it will prevent it from molding with the varying weather.

I'm also really digging the idea of painting pumpkins - I can't wait to paint our house number on a pumpkin and add a pop of color with a fun pattern like chevron for our front doorstep!


I love these recycled glass jugs from West Elm. They are the perfect container for tree branches for an entry console. Rustic and beautiful - with a touch of aqua.

I'll be sure to share some of my DIY fall decor once complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment