Sunday, September 30, 2012

October To Do List

Besides from the last minute wedding items we need to tackle like the seating chart, place cards, last minute decor items and so on I want to squeeze in some fun - after all, fall is my favorite season!

pumpkin picking
I make it a mission every year to visit a farm and go pumpkin picking. I cheated this year already with buying a pumpkin for our front porch from Trader Joes, but I have a plan that doesn't involve carving them so that's my excuse for dragging hubs to the pumpkin patch if he asks!

buy fresh apple cider
This year I want apple cider fresh from the farm. Usually I always have a gallon in my fridge around this time of year that I pick up from the grocery store or Trader Joes, but nothing beats the real deal.

invite friends over for game night and a bon fire
So this one is half way crossed off since we already have a game night scheduled with a few friends for the first weekend in October, but that still means we need to make sure the bon fire happens! My mom helped us build an amazing fire pit and seating area in our back yard this spring/summer so we need to put it to good use!

buy halloween candy
I know this sounds simple, but it's our first actual year having to buy Halloween candy! In college we never had to, and after college we lived so far out in the middle of nowhere that we never had any trick-or-treaters. We are going to get slammed this year - our neighborhood is HUGE and there are tons of surrounding neighborhoods. I can't wait to see all of the kids!

make our dogs wear halloween costumes
I've spotted a few cute costumes for pets and this year I intend to dog shame our pups! haha Plus, who doesn't love a small dog dressed as a ladybug or penguin?

jump in a pile of leaves
This one will be easy - minus the raking part. Since our house backs to woods it creates a lot of privacy, but also a TON of leaves! This is a freebie to-do item and I plan on jumping into at least 1 big pile of leaves this fall.

make a pumpkin dessert
I've been pinning tons of pumpkin themed desserts on pinterest and plan to make at least one of them! Maybe a pumpkin trifle for our game night?!

make a fall wreath
I plan on hitting up Hobby Lobby for some DIY wreath items to make one weekend. Our front door could use the lovin' and I am digging these DIY wreaths I have seen on other blogs! Okay, maybe the succulent wreath doesn't scream fall, but how gorgeous is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment